After creating an Easter-scape Candy Vase last year, I have loved the idea of displaying peeps as decor. The only kink being one’s inability to actually eat the Peeps once displayed. This little gift solves that issue. It’s an adorable edible favor and/or gift that displays the cuteness of peeps without losing the ability to actually eat them! I found the recipe for these at Recipelink.com here. Recipelink calls them Easter S’Mores in a Jar, I prefer to call them Bunny Brownies. (The alliteration gets me every time. Cheesy? Yes, but have you honestly come to expect different from me?)
Here’s what you do:
Easter S’Mores in a Jar AKA Bunny Brownies
Ingredients and Directions:
1. Reduce 1 sleeve graham crackers to crumbs.
2. Layer 2/3 of the crumbs in a 1 qt jar.
3. Place 8 marshmallow bunny peeps standing up, facing out around the inside of the jar.
4. Press them up against the glass, but don’t squash them.
5. Carefully spoon remaining crumbs in the center of the jar to support the bunnies, pressing down to keep it snug.
6. On top of this pour 1-1/4 cup Easter M&M’s.
7. Spoon 1/3 cup brown sugar into center of M&M’s, gently pressing with a spoon.
NFF note: I nixed the direction and instead I placed my M&M’s on the bottom as I had seen other women do in the past. I also used Wilton’s decorator disposable bags to hold my graham cracker crumbs in. The triangle shape of the decorator bag makes it easy to fold over even a wide mouth mason jar keeping the crumbs from ruining your perfect layered look. The decorator bag is also nice to use because it keeps the bulk of the graham cracker ingredients at the top of the jar, again giving it a nice layered look.
Attach A gift tag to say:
EASTER BUNNY S’MORES (or Bunny Brownies if you’re like me and are a sucker for the double B)
1. Empty the jar contents into a bowl. Snip the bunnies into bits with kitchen sheers or cut up with a knife. Return the bunny bits to the mixture. Mix well.
2. Melt 1/2 cup butter; add 1 teaspoon vanilla. Pour this over the dry ingredients, mixing well. Pat into a greased 9″ square pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.
(Makes 9 to 12 bars.)
*Option – leave bunnies whole; combine remaining ingredients and place the bunnies on top; then bake as directed.
*This gift jar may be created to suit any holiday for which marshmallow candies are available.
You can download our Bunny Brownie tags for free here! Enjoy!